HIGH SCHOOL ENROLLMENT
Grades 9 through 12 should contact Cheri Almond at Harvey High School at 440-392-5140 to schedule an appointment.
All Kindergarten through grade 8 students new to the Painesville City Local School District must be registered at the district’s Administration Office located at 58 Jefferson Street, Painesville, Ohio 44077.
Please contact Lori Skidmore at 440-392-5080 to make an appointment to register your child.
If there is a language other than English spoken in your household, please contact Yaritza Alamo at 440-392-5082 for enrollment.
Enrollment packets may be downloaded and completed before your appointment.
ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!
ENROLLMENT PACKETS ARE NOT TO BE USED FOR PRESCHOOL!
REQUIRED FORMS FOR ENROLLMENT
1. Proof of Residency in the Painesville City Local School District - ONLY THE ITEMS LISTED WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- Contract to buy or lease property
- Rental/lease agreement with custodial parent’s name listed
- Voter registration card
- Tax statement
2. Custody Papers (if applicable)
Under Senate Bill 140, if a custody order or decree is in effect at the time the student initially enters any public or nonpublic school, the student’s custodial parent must present a certified copy of the order or decree to the person in charge of admissions. The document must have a time stamp and judge’s signature.
3. Birth Certification
One of the following must be presented:
- Passport or attested passport transcript showing the date and place of birth of the student.
- An attested transcript of the birth certificate.
- An attested transcript of a baptism certificate or other religious record showing the date and place of birth of the student.
- An attested transcript of a hospital record showing date and place of birth.
- Birth affidavit.
For those who were born in Painesville, you can get a copy of your child's Birth Certificate from the Health Department.
4. Completed Immunization Form
State law requires that the following immunizations be completed by the first day of school attendance. However, if written documentation of compliance is submitted within 14 days of initial attendance, the student will not be excluded from school.
- DPT or DtaP shots (diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus): 5 shot series
- Oral polio Sabin vaccine: 4 shot series
- Measles/mumps/rubella, MMR: 2 shot series
- Hepatitis B Virus – 3 doses required
- VARIVAX (chicken pox vaccine) or disease history - Two doses required. If the student has had the disease, verification/date may be provided by physician or parent.
IMMUNIZATIONS ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH YOUR LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENTS
Lake County Health District:
33 Mill Street
Painesville, Ohio 44077