BELOW ARE THE REQUIRED FORMS FOR ENROLLMENT
1. Proof of Residency in the Painesville City Local School District - ONLY THE ITEMS LISTED WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- Utility, gas or cable bill
- Contract to buy or lease property
- Rental/lease agreement with custodial parent’s name listed
- Voter registration card
- Tax statement
2. Custody Papers (if applicable)
Under Senate Bill 140, if a custody order or decree is in effect at the time the student initially enters any public or nonpublic school, the student’s custodial parent must present a certified copy of the order or decree to the person in charge of admissions. The document must have a time stamp and judge’s signature.
3. Birth Certification
One of the following must be presented:
- Passport or attested passport transcript showing the date and place of birth of the student.
- An attested transcript of the birth certificate.
- An attested transcript of a baptism certificate or other religious record showing the date and place of birth of the student.
- An attested transcript of a hospital record showing date and place of birth.
- Birth affidavit.
For those who were born in Painesville, you can get a copy of your child's Birth Certificate from the Health Department.
4. Completed Immunization Form
State law requires that the following immunizations be completed by the first day of school attendance. However, if written documentation of compliance is submitted within 14 days of initial attendance, the student will not be excluded from school.
- DPT or DtaP shots (diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus): 5 shot series
- Oral polio Sabin vaccine: 4 shot series
- Measles/mumps/rubella, MMR: 2 shot series
- Hepatitis B Virus – 3 doses required
- VARIVAX (chicken pox vaccine) or disease history - Two doses required. If the student has had the disease, verification/date may be provided by physician or parent.
- Grade 7-8: One (1) dose of meningococcal vaccine must be administered prior to entry.
- Grade 12: Two (2) doses of meningococcal vaccine must be administered prior to entry.
IMMUNIZATIONS ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH YOUR LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENTS.