Painesville City Local Schools

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Enrollment/Registration » Preschool Enrollment/Registration

Preschool Enrollment/Registration

Applications for RETURNING STUDENTS AND SIBLINGS  will be accepted beginning March 18th.  

NEW FAMILIES may register beginning on April 1st.


Key points to know about Red Raider Preschool before enrolling!

  • This is a 2.5 hour preschool program only.  No extended day options. 
  • Only students who have been evaluated by a school district and found to have a disability are eligible for bus transportation.  All other students must be transported to and from school by parents or caregivers. 
  • Students must be 3 years of age on or before October 1, 2024 in order to attend during the 24-25 school year. 
  • Students must be toilet trained prior to attending school. (except for students with disabilities) 
  • Classes run 4 days a week, Monday - Thursday.  The 5 day a week class is specific to the ECE funding we receive for families who qualify based on reduced income levels.

Student enrollment is completed via the Online Registration Application


Parents and guardians no longer need to visit the board office to register their children. If you do not have the ability to complete the online application, you can make an appointment to register your child with:


  • Lori Skidmore

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 440-392-5080


  • Yaritza Alamo (Spanish):

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 440-392-5082


The documents needed for registration are listed below and will need to be uploaded into the application. If you have difficulty uploading any documents, you may email them to [email protected] or parents can bring their documents to the Board Office or Preschool. 


  • Original or official birth certificate
  • Proof of residency
    • Mortgage bill, property tax bill, purchase agreement OR current signed rental/lease agreement with beginning and ending dates listing all occupants
    • Current electric, gas bill, or cable bill showing name and address.  
    • RESIDENCY AFFIDAVIT - If parents live with another family within the district, they must provide a residency affidavit. Both parties will sign the form in the presence of a notary at the Board of Education.  Proof of residency, as listed above, is also needed from the homeowner.  The form is available below. 
  • Custody Paperwork (if applicable)
  • Immunization papers
  • Proof of physical examination completed within the past year 
  • Current IEP and ETR/MFE (if applicable) - not needed for current students